Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Series of Lasts...

As Rob and I begin to contemplate our upcoming stateside journey we have found ourselves doing a series of "last things" before we depart. On Thursday we visited the Benaki Museum and today we headed to the National Museum. It's incredible to experience these museums after having lived and traveled as we've been doing. I remember my first visit to the National Archaeological Museum two years ago....I looked at about as much as I could stand, but couldn't really make sense out of anything. Now, I can see a progression of Greek pottery and even envision the quarries that many major pieces of sculpture came from. It's quite an experience.

Also, (and this is for Cindy) we ate one of our final bougatsa this morning. Oh, so good!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment