Sunday, December 4, 2011

Catching Up

I apologize for the lack of posts lately, we're still working with only Rob's computer. No worries though, my camera is still working great! The Christmas bazaars in Athens are in full swing and I acompanied Cathy and her daughter Willah to the Anglican bazaar at the Zappeion this morning. In addition to food and crafty type items there were many carnival rides set up for the children.

Yesterday Rob and I went to visit a special exhibition at the Byzantine Museum featuring paintings of Mount Athos in Northern Greece by the Greek painter and architect Warlamis. His work is truely captivating and since women are not allowed on Mount Athos I certainly appreciated Warlamis' work.



We ended the weekend by heading upstairs to Glenn and Cathy's house for a wine tasting/chili dinner complete with a magnum bottle of wine (1500 ml) that Glenn had won at a recent wine tasting in Athens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment